Jamie Hendricks

If I could have been there written and illustrated by Jamie Hendricks

Sunday, April 27, 2014

The book was written the night Surai was born

I finally got my books to Rochelle, Kelly,Haylee and TaraLynn . I was able to show the book to Surai (My great niece, whom was the inspiration for the book)... Surai just turned 6 this year and she has twin brothers Beckett and Griffin who are 4.5 years old. The night Surai was born I thought of all the things my Brother Jeff would be missing as he passed away two years before, I thought of many things about Surai and what he may have done if he could have been here...
I was able to finally finish this book this year finishing all the illustrations and making the poems suit the theme.. here is a look at the kids getting a look at the book that was written for them.
                                                                        Beckett
                                                                          Surai
                                                                             Griffin

No comments: